Not Really Arrested

Arresting God in KathmanduArresting God in Kathmandu by Samrat Upadhyay


I went through the stories inside not going from the cover to the blurb but being selective on the stories that I read but nonetheless, in the process negotiating the entire work.

I found his stories rife and plagued with the motif of affairs, sex and relationship issues with the exception of a single story. Much of the plot revolved around the relationships protagonists’ had and the spillover effects of it to the characters around them. Also, I noticed that in an attempt to wrap the story up the writer brings the story abruptly to a grinding halt just when the story is afloat and taking its momentum.

For a person teaching creative writing, I found his content clustered way too narrowly on a single theme and thus failing to weave a picture beyond and above it, if at all. This is my personal take on the book.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Give a minute